wave tucks

wave tucks

Friday, May 4, 2012

Decorator Showhomes in Houston


Whew - I haven't posted in a VERY long time!  However, I am "back at it" and promise to keep more current with my blogging since my major deadlines on projects have all been met and I have returned from a series of speaking engagements in New Jersey (along with a side trip to New York City) and Chicago, where I saw Candice Olson speak (very funny and engaging), as well as contemporary designer Erik Bruce (so talented and inspirational) and Little Rock, Arkansas designer Tobi Fairley (fun and very spirited)...more on those in my next post!




When Spring is in the air, my mind turns to Home Tours and Showhomes!  This weekend, Houston has two showhomes open for touring to help you gain decorating ideas and inspiration.  I hope to visit them both this weekend or next.

First up:  Houston's first Southern Living Showcase Home, located at 5307 Aspen in Bellaire.  This home will be open today, Friday May 4 from 12-6, as well as Saturday and Sundays (May 5 & 6, May 12 & 13 and May 19 & 20) from 10-6. 

This home will also include demonstrations from a variety of chefs and floral designers.  Tickets are $10.  For more information, visit www.stoneacorn.com.




Next up is the Pink Ribbon House 2012, which is located in Hunter's Creek at 10619 Fairlane, Houston (77024).  This brand new showcase home has a variety of decorators and designers who have designed different rooms and areas throughout the home.  This home is open today, Friday, May 4 from 10-3, and Saturday, May 5 from 10-5, and Sunday, May 6 from 12-5.  Tickets are $15 each.


Hope to see you soon!

Susan

2 comments: