wave tucks

wave tucks

Monday, March 17, 2014

Update: Remodeled bathroom treatments installed!

In my last blog post, I posted a rendering of a project I was getting ready to work on - a newly remodeled bathroom with lovely vintage tilework.  The rendering is shown below, including the detail of the button and bows planned for the shower curtain heading.


We found a really pretty embroidered fabric that worked beautifully with the tile colors - a burgundy and also a shell pink.


My client selected a tailored style box pleated valance with a solid burgundy fabric banding along the vertical folds and at the hem, which complemented the burgundy tile edging very well.  The contrast inset pleats were a tan solid fabric, which picked up some of the tan embroidery design. A burgundy fabric covered button was added along with tan fabric ties, for a soft accent on the valance.


The shower curtain turned out so pretty!  The inverted pleats were each accented with a burgundy fabric covered button, and alternate pleats also had a tan tie to coordinate with the valance.

I love it when the completed treatment looks exactly like the rendering!  Here is a full view of the completed room:


Hope you like the finished project as much as my client and I did!  Next up - linen fabric from Egypt for a client's office...

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment